Saturday 4 August 2012

Late Introductions

Listening To:  Liar - Mumford and Sons
Wise Words: The unreal is more powerful than the real.. - Chuck Palahniuk


First posts; the one thing more painful than Twitter bios.

My name is Emily Peters, and this is my first semester at UQ, yes I am one of those people; the awkward mid-year-ers. Why start now? Well, just over few months ago I was sweating (literally) my way through a volunteer program in rural India. And now, back on home soil and automatically thrown into my new role as ‘university student’, I am still trying to figure it all out. I am currently enrolled in a dual degree, BA Journalism/Arts, and as well as JOUR1111, I am also taking JOUR170 – investigative journalism, COMU1000 in which I am totally lost amongst the terminology, and HIST1601 - in my opinion more of a science subject than a history one.

The good stuff;

  • I still cry over Disney movies
  • My top super heroes are Batman and Iron Man, there is no choosing just one
  • I can make just about anything on a toasted sandwich press
  • My favourite 3 animals – goat, guinea fowl, sloth
  • Don’t ever ask me what my favourite food is, you will never get a definitive answer
  • The only magazines worth reading are Empire and Frankie
  • Eternally in love with Robert Downey Jr 
  • No-one can do comedy quite like the Brits; in fact no-one can do anything quite like the Brits

This is my JOUR1111
Twitter

Glad that’s finally over,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment