Monday 17 September 2012

It's Time To PAR-TAY

Listening To: Made of Stone - Matt Corby
Wise Words: 'If you didn't cry in The Dark Knight Rises, then you have no soul' - Unknown (this seemed fitting)

After a particularly bad weekend, full of endless shifts at my new job, and a more than underwhelming night at the RE, I am in need of some serious R&R.

So, tonight I have decided to throw myself a pick-me-up party. But what is a pick-me-up party? Honestly, I don’t really know, but this is how it’s done;

Location, Location, Location
Being at college, I don’t really have many, if any, location options, so my bedroom it is. However, even if you do live at home, the bedroom is the best place for a pick-me-up party as it is your sanctuary, and something that is 100% yours, so do with it what you want. I have customised my bedroom for the party by relocating my mattress to the floor, setting my computer up under my desk and adding lots and lots of pillows. I have created the perfect party nest.

The Guest List
This is often one of the most difficult parts of planning any party, however, I found this step simple. Now, you may want to invite a bestfriend, even a family member or pet, anyone that can put a smile on your face. But tonight, I am the only member on my guest list, unless you count my plant Borris. Being the only invitee has two major benefits; firstly, I am the only one who can influence my mood, because we all know that sometimes when people are trying to make things better they can often end up making them much, much worse. Secondly, I can wear whatever I want, which brings me to the next step….

The Attire
Now, unless you love dressing up, I wouldn’t go for black tie. Opt instead for something comfy and colourful, just to give you that extra mood boost. Tonight I will be wearing a fluro green night shirt paired with my rainbow ankle socks. Très chic.

Catering
My first instinct initially went for everything chocolate, but I soon remembered that whenever I eat too much, I end up feeling sick, heavy, and just about ready to vomit. So I thought fresh and light, finally deciding on a nice mango sorbet with strawberries and banana. Sah fresh.

The Entertainment
Taking into account my dare I say shitty weekend, I feel as though I have some bottled up sadness to release. Cue a tear filled montage of movie scenes including some from; Up, Toy Story 3, Shawshank Redemption, The Lion King, Bridge to Terabithia, Fox and the Hound, Finding Neverland, Princess and the Frog, Blood Diamond, The Land Before Time, Kick-Ass, and of course The Dark Knight Rises. Now just let yourself cry, hold nothing back, and clear your body of sadness. Now it is time for the pick-me-up entertainment. I would recommend your favourite comedy film, or TV show. Tonight I have chosen Awkward, which never fails to make me laugh and as messed up as Jenna’s life gets, the girl handles it like a total pro. So if she can do it, so can I. Some other entertainment recommendations I can make are New Girl, Crazy, Stupid Love, 17 Again, Modern Family, Tropic Thunder, Talladega Knights, Two Broke Girls, iCarly, Offspring, and just about anything animated. You can even kick it old school with Seinfeld or Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

With this foolproof plan, I guarantee you will be feeling totally ‘picked up’, or your money back.
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment